Deborah S. Kaleta
Deborah S. Kaleta is an Associate with Deneweth, Dugan & Parfitt, P.C. She focuses her legal practice on construction, real estate and commercial litigation, as well as real estate and corporate transactions. Ms. Kaleta is also licensed in the State of New York.
Ms. Kaleta represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and sureties in all aspects of the construction process. She has also handled claims in arbitration, mediation, and civil litigation, including collection and payment claims, construction lien foreclosure, surety bond claims, and landlord/tenant disputes.
Ms. Kaleta has experience in negotiating and drafting documents for commercial and residential real estate transactions, as well as contract and subcontract agreements, change orders, and corporate formation documents.
Ms. Kaleta has completed the SCAO 40-hour training for General Civil Mediation and has mediated numerous civil matters, both private and court-ordered, in Wayne and Oakland Counties. She has been honored to have been designated as a Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star in Construction/Surety every year from 2009 – 2015. Ms. Kaleta received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Michigan with a major in Biology, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. She is active in numerous professional associations, and enjoys serving the community as a volunteer mentor with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Michigan, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Michigan, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- New York, 2015
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 2006
- Law Review: University of Detroit Mercy Law Review, Member, 2003 - 2004
- Law Review: University of Detroit Mercy Law Review, Title Editor, 2004 - 2005
- University of Michigan
- B.S. - 1996
- Major: Biology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Society for Human Resources Management