Timothy P. Dugan is a Principal of Deneweth, Dugan & Parfitt, P.C. His legal practice is concentrated in the areas of construction law, real estate, corporate and business consulting, fidelity, and surety law.
Mr. Dugan has extensive experience in counseling owners, contractors, subcontractors, and developers on all aspects of construction projects and real estate matters. Mr. Dugan's legal practice in the area of construction law includes contract negotiations, project workouts and project disputes involving civil litigation and arbitration of disputes arising out of payment and performance claims, project closeouts and contract claims relating to differing site conditions and contract interpretation. Mr. Dugan has extensive legal experience in drafting and negotiating construction contracts and legal documents required for the sale, acquisition, and lease of real estate properties, involving residential, commercial and industrial properties. Mr. Dugan also has extensive experience in negotiating financing related to construction and real estate ownership and development matters.
Mr. Dugan has served as an arbitrator, mediator, and facilitator in over fifty construction and business related disputes in many private arbitration and mediation matters.
Mr. Dugan prides himself in adding value to his client's business and understanding the issues facing his conflicts, developing strategies to deal with these issues, and making sure the interests of his clients are first and foremost.
Mr. Dugan received his JD, Cum Laude, from the Michigan State University College of Law (formerly Detroit College of Law) in 1988. He also received a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from the Michigan State University, College of Business in 1984. Over the years, Mr. Dugan has been honored and designated both as a Michigan Super Lawyer and Leading Lawyer in the construction/surety field and has also been honored as a top construction lawyer by Crains Detroit Business.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Corporate and Business Consulting
- Fidelity / Surety
- Arbitration / Mediation
- Michigan, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2006
- Michigan State University, Detroit College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: cum laude
- Michigan State University, School of Business, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. - 1984
- Major: Accounting
Honors and Awards
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Estate and Property Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Oakland County Bar Association