We Provide Exceptional Legal Services For Our Clients.

Skilled Lawyers Handling Non-Highway Public Works Projects

Since we opened our doors in 1979, we have served many knowledgeable and skilled contractors and sureties on public projects in the State of Michigan. While these contractors and sureties can handle the most challenging projects, understanding the law applicable to any job can be difficult..

At the Deneweth, Dugan & Parfitt, P.C., law firm in Troy, Michigan, our construction law attorneys are knowledgeable in representing contractors and sureties on public projects in Michigan. Contact us online or call 248-290-0400 to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation.

Know The Requirements For State-Funded Projects

Highway projects and other non-highway state-funded projects have their own set of rules and requirements. For sureties, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, it is important to understand your rights and obligations under state law for construction contracts, including:

  • Surety bond notice requirements are similar for state-owned hospital construction, government office buildings, courthouses, jails, prisons, or any construction on state property that is not highway-related.
  • Performance bonds and payment bonds – under Michigan law, projects of a certain size are required to have bonds for labor and materials.
  • If you have a construction dispute on a state-funded project, be aware of your rights to make a claim against surety bonds.

At Deneweth, Dugan & Parfitt, P.C., you will find lawyers with extensive knowledge of the construction industry as well as the requirements for state-funded construction contracts.

Contact Us If Your Construction Firm Is Handling A State Public Works Project

Located in Troy, Michigan, Deneweth, Dugan & Parfitt, P.C., serves individuals and companies involved in business, construction, manufacturing, and real estate transactions and disputes. Our business and construction law attorneys provide our clients with a high level of knowledge and experience.

Contact us online to set up a telephone or office consultation to discuss your legal needs.